Thursday, June 11, 2009

Why dream jobs dont come true

1) Do you believe it is important to be passionate about your job? Think about adults you know well, and how they feel about their jobs. 2) What are you going to do with the rest of your life (career wise) and how are you going to get there? (Yes, it is certainly ok if you don't have concrete plans, but at least write about a possible path you could take).

Yes, I do believe that it is important to be passionate about your job because it makes you happy. It makes the people around you happy; they see that you are willing to go there everyday handle a new task and complete it, successfully. Of course, you have to believe in yourself and no other. You have to believe it everyday that you can achieve what you love to do-what your talent is. In the article "Why dream jobs don't come true" written by Martha Worboy, CanWest News Service, Alan Kearns said that "A lot of people settle because of fear -- fear of change," he said. "Or they'll say my job is what I do, but I'll find passion in other areas of my life, in family or in a hobby. And this can lead to disfunction." I think he just summed up the whole idea about how how people want their dream job, but still haven't achieved it.
Where am I going? I will be going to school in January for Interior design, in Manhatten for a four year degree. Possibly come back to Penticton for visits, but mainly my visits will be in Europe. After my 4 year degree, I will be heading to Vienna to persue my dream job. Other than that I have not yet decided what to do after Vienna. But this process will probably take 5-7 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment